Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance For Glory of God Mountain of Life Ministry.
The Government has published a coronavirus action plan. We will review this and update the guidance on this page as needed.
Use the link below for a continued and appropriate guidance from the Public Health Advice; https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
Guidance for churches
Current Government advice is that individuals should follow good hygiene practices including:
- Carrying tissues and using them to catch coughs and sneezes, and binning the tissue;
- Washing hands with soap and water (for 20 seconds) or using sanitizer gel to kill germs. Advice has also been issued to travellers who have returned to the UK from a number of countries.
- Anyone who has returned to the UK from any of these areas in the last 14 days and develops symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath should immediately:
- Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu;
- Call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country.
The advice for anyone in any setting is to follow these main guidelines.
- The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of a new continuous cough and/or high temperature. If you have these symptoms, however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started. You do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
- Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to.
- To reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue in a bin immediately. Then wash your hands or use a hand sanitising gel.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using your regular cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
At the current time and based on our understanding of what is known of COVID-19 and other similar respiratory viruses, it is likely that older people and those with chronic medical conditions may be vulnerable to severe disease. As more information emerges, recommendations may change.
Glory of God Mountain Of Life Ministry CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) GUIDANCE